ABRIDGED CONDITIONS OF SALE
All goods are sold in terms of the Company's standard terms and conditions, a copy of which is available on request. The following abridged conditions of sale are intended as a guideline but are non-the-less binding on the customer. No variation in the Company's standard conditions of sale will be considered valid unless such variations are reduced to writing and signed by a director.
- All quotations are subject to acceptance within 30 days of the date of offer.
- Prices are subject to revision after a 30 day notice period should any of the Company's input costs change for any reason. Payment is 30 days net and is not subject to discount.
- Bowler Plastics will hold a pre-agreed amount of stock for a maximum of 3 months remaining at the Company at which time all stock of that age will be invoiced out and delivery will be arranged. Any other stock residing in Bowler Plastics within a 3 month period from the first due date of delivery ,will be invoiced out and delivery will be arranged.
- Ownership of the goods rests with the Company until the goods have been paid for in full.
- The mode of delivery shall be determined by the Company and should the customer wish the delivery to be accelerated for any reason, then the Company shall not be liable for any additional costs.
- Delivery dates are given as an indication only. The Company shall not be liable for any costs, direct or indirect arising from non-delivery or a delay in delivery of the goods.
- (a) All goods and materials are supplied to and shall be accepted by the buyer voetstoots, without warranty express or implied against patent or latent defects and on the particular understanding that the Company does not expressly or impliedly warrant or represent that such goods or materials are suitable for the purpose for which they are bought or any other particular purpose.
(b) The Company shall in no circumstances be held liable to the buyer or to any other person for any loss or damage arising from the use of such goods or materials or any portion thereof or from any alleged defects in them.
(c) Without prejudice to the foregoing the Company will be prepared to replace free of charge all goods or materials which in its sole and absolute discretion the Company considers to have been defective by reason of faulty material or workmanship provided that such goods or materials shall have been returned to the Company's factory carriage paid within 7 days after delivery thereof to the buyer.
(d) No other conditions herein set forth shall be deemed to prejudice, affect or derogate from the provisions of this clause.
- (a) Damage, partial loss or deviation must be notified to carriers and ourselves in writing within 7 days. The Company reserves the right to a variation of plus/minus 10% in the quantities delivered.
(b) Complaints regarding weight and quality should be made in writing within 7 days.
Should default be made in paying any sum due for any goods ordered and when it becomes due we shall have the right either to suspend all further deliveries until the default be made good or cancel any undelivered balance of goods ordered.
Should the purchaser wish the Company to store the goods, then the Company reserves the right to charge for such storage.
Should any dispute arise from this sale, the purchaser consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court having jurisdiction by virtue of Section 2891) of the Magistrate's Court Act No.32 of 1944 (as amended) and this clause shall constitute a consent in terms of Section 45 of the said Act.